The Amazing World of Gumball explains life:
- Gumball: Dad, why do we have to go to school?
- Richard: So you can get a job.
- Gumball: But why do I need a job?
- Richard: So you can earn money.
- Gumball: But why do I need money?
- Richard: To buy stuff the TV makes us want.
- Gumball: But why do we need to buy stuff?
- Richard: Because if we didn't buy stuff, everyone would be out of a job and no one would have any money
- Gumball: Wait, so I have to work for the rest of my life to pay for something I don't want just so everyone else can suffer the same horrible fate as me?
- Richard: Eeexactly!
- Gumball: You just live your life without thinking, don't you?
- Richard: I believe you are underestimating me, son.
- Gumball: Come on, surely there's more to life than that.
- Richard: Hmmm... Nope.